The EA provides additional options that can be configured via the belkaglazer.ini file. This config file is created (with default settings) after the first launch of the EA. It can be located in the following directories:
- Live trading: File -> Open Data Folder -> MQL4\Files
- Strategy tester (backtest): File -> Open Data Folder ->tester\files
It can be opened with the Notepad or any simple text editor.
You can comment/uncomment a line by adding/removing the ; at the start.
The complete list of Extra settings
- EAProtectionFilter=0 – allows you to use the EA Protection Filter. 0-Disable (by default), 1-Ignore new signals, 2-Ignore new & close exist. trades. Can be used only in LIVE trading
- ExportEquityToCSV=0 – outputting the equity to a CSV file located in the following directory: \tester\files\Report_[Account number]\Equity_[Pair]_[UserComment].csv to analyze it by third-party software (for example, Excel). The default separator is a comma. Can be used only in Strategy Tester.
- ;ExportEquitySeparator=; – custom separator.
- AutoConstructionEquityCurve=0 – auto construction of equity curve, balance, and drawdown using Belkaglazer Equity Viewer. 0-Disable, 1-Enable.
For example, ‘White‘ theme:
Compare it with this MT4 chart. It seems incredible, but it’s a test of the same strategy!
Also, you can zoom in/out any area:
- UseCustomParameterForOptimization=0 – allows you to use a custom performance metric for optimization purposes. 0-Disable, 1-Sharpe Ratio. Can be used only in Strategy Tester.
To use it on backtests you need to select the ‘Custom‘ parameter on the ‘Testing‘ tab:
- DangerousMM=0 – Dangerous MM in LIVE trading. 0-Deactivate (by default), 1-Activate.