Belkaglazer is a platform allowing traders to build diverse trading strategies.
This is a long-term system that does not use the dangerous elements of Money Management. Therefore, there will be drawdowns, bad days/weeks/months, and maybe even a bad year. An equity curve will not look like a straight line with a 45-degree angle. The EA will not make gains everyday. If you need a stable profit on a Daily/Weekly base, then Belkaglazer is not the EA for you. Please, make sure that you are prepared for a long stagnation period and ready to accept this concept.
There are 3 basic steps.
Step 1: Choose the strategies
In the first step, you will have to choose strategies that you will use for trading. The presets currently contain 10 strategies. They are divided into two basic types: Momentum[M] and Mean-Reversion[MR]. If you use both types, the position size of M and MR should be balanced. Breakout[BR] trading is a form of Momentum[M] trading.
- Daily_levels uses a price movement through an identified horizontal daily level of support or resistance. The strategy opens trades during high volatility period when the price breaks through support/resistance levels.
Used pairs: XAUUSD, EURUSD, USDJPY.
- Intraday_levels opens trades during high volatility period when the price breaks through Intraday support/resistance levels.
Used pairs: XAUUSD.
- Impulse_Intraday uses a significant price movement in one direction on high volume. The strategy waits for a strong price movement assuming that the market will continue to move in the same direction.
The Impulse_Intraday strategy has a low winning percentage of 30% – 40%. You can experience over 5-15 consecutive losses in a row. Please, make sure you’re prepared for such losing streak!
Used pairs: EURUSD, NZDUSD, GBPUSD, EURAUD, EURCAD.
- NewsPattern is a momentum-based seasonal strategy. It opens a trade during high-impact news events.
Used pairs: NZDUSD, AUDNZD, EURNZD, EURAUD, EURCAD.
- PreviousDayHL. The strategy is based on a simple concept: if the price breaks yesterday’s high or low, then the price movement will continue in the direction of the breakout.
Used pairs: USDJPY.
- MondayTrading. The strategy enters a trade on Monday morning in the opposite direction of a market movement on Friday. It uses the difference in volatility between Friday and Monday (‘Weekend effect’). The volatility is significantly higher than the average during the trading day on Friday and significantly lower than the average during the trading day on Monday.
Used pairs: EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF.
- RollBackPattern. The strategy enters the market in the direction of the overall trend when the price approaches a medium-term support/resistance level.
Used pairs: EURUSD.
- NY_CloseTrading is a classic mean reversion strategy. It places a pending limit order in the opposite direction of a short-term price movement at the end of the North American Session (New York). The MR strategy assumes the price is likely to reverse direction and move back to the mean (average) in the near future.
Used pairs: EURUSD, AUDNZD, AUDCAD, EURNZD, GBPCHF, GBPCAD.
- IntradayMR. It’s a simple Intraday strategy.
Used pairs: USDJPY, GBPUSD, XAUUSD.
I recommend to backtest every strategy using fixed lots. Also, you can use my reports in this shared folder. The more strategies you use, the less you will be exposed to the risk in the long-term and the better you will be able to trade in different regimes of the market (trend/ranging). This is the best way to diversify risk.
I also recommend to change the default settings for these parameters: ‘TakeProfit’, ‘StopLoss’, ‘StopBar’. This will allow you to avoid slippage and, perhaps, a situation where the price does not reach your level of TP only a few pips. Anyway, it’s a bad idea to close trades simultaneously with others (who are using the default settings).
Also, you can set trailing stop (see ‘TrailingStopPip‘ parameter) to protect your profits. Do not forget to do a new backtest with the changed settings.
Step 2: Create&Test a portfolio
In this step, you will need to determine the lot size for each chosen strategy and build an optimal portfolio. I recommend using QuantAnalizer (free version) to combine multiple backtests into one portfolio report.
I recommend to use a trading size of 0.01…0.03 lots for every $1.000
Keep in mind that you need to divide trading risks between presets that use the same strategy.
See also Overlap Matrix
Step 3: Install the EA in MT4
Now you need to install the chosen presets/strategies on separate charts in the MetaTrader 4 terminal. It’s necessary to open a new chart for every set file.
For example, if you want to use the EA with 6 different presets/strategies you have to open 6 charts and attach the EA to each of them:
- Look for the Expert Advisors section under the Navigator panel on the left side of the terminal. Click on the + (plus) sign.
- Click on the EA and drag it onto one of the charts.
- Select Input tab of the Properties window, then press Load, select the preset file, press Open.
- If necessary, configure the Money Management and GMT_offset parameters and then press OK.
- Make sure that automatic trading is enabled and you see a smiley face in the right-top corner of the chart.
- Repeat 1-5 for each preset file.
If you will use two or more presets/strategies on the same MT4 account, you should set different Magic Number for each EA instance.
At first I recommend you trade your portfolio on a demo account to ensure that it actually works and makes you money.